Thursday, June 16, 2011

Green Lantern Inspired Makeup Tutorial. Who's feeling like a superhero?

So, who's excited about the Green Lantern this weekend? ME! I'm feeling festive as usual, so I decided to do a makeup look inspired by the movie. I didn't think the female lead had anything different as far as makeup to emmulate, so I took from the picture of Ryan Reynolds below. His mask is green but the immediate area surrounding his eyes is black. So, I did a black smoky eye with green shadows placed over the black. I also had to incorporate glitter, because, If I were a superhero, you'd be assured I'd be loaded with glitter. So, I did add some gold glitter to the black in the look.

I used mostly higher end products, namely: MAC and Urban Decay but also used other affordable products like physician's formula and NYX. There are great drugstore/lower end green shadows that can be used to produce this look. Essentially, all you need is a matte black shadow, green shadow, and liner. This is another video tutorial, so please bear with me on the videos. They are still new to me.



The above picture was used for inspiration


This is the finished look - eyes only.



Finished look - everything all together. Notice that the lips and cheeks are very muted due to the heavy eyes.





Thanks for reading/watching!




Products:




FACE


Covergirl natureluxe foundation in 'flax'


Glamoflauge concealer in 'light'


NYC color loose smooth skin powder in 'translucent'


Physician's formula bronze booster in 'light to medium'


physician's formula mineral glow pearls in 'translucent pearl'




EYES


Urban Decay primer potion


LASplash eyeshadow sealer/base


NYX Jumbo Pencils in 'rocky mountain green' and 'black bean'


MAC paint pot in 'bare study'


MAC eyeshadow in 'swimming'


Urban Decay eyeshadow in 'chronic'


NYX single eyeshadow in 'black'


LASplash diamond dust glitter in 'golden smoke'


Milani eyetech liquid liner in 'black'


Urban Decay 24/7 liner in 'zero'


physician's formula shimmer strips gel liner in 'hazel eyes' (bottom color used)


MAC's eyeshadow in 'lightfall'




LIPS


LUSH's sugar scrub in 'sweet lips'


l'oreal color riche lipstick in 'fairest nude'


MAC's lip gelee in 'fashion flower'









No comments:

Post a Comment