Friday, March 25, 2011

Product Review: Matrix Biolage Colortherapie Shielding Shine Mist

Another review! But, this one is for hair stuff! My obcession isn't limited to just makeup, I love anything beauty-ish. Hair is no exception. I bought this as I already love biolage color care shampoo and conditioner to extend the life of my red color.

Claims: This claims to provide some UV protection to your hair as well as making it smooth and shiny (even reducing frizz).

Price/Where to buy: I bought mine at Ulta and unfortunately, Ulta doesn't list biolage online. It seems to go for about 15.77 at wal-mart online. I am not sure if you would find it at your local wal mart, though. Any store that carries salon products like Ulta or Trade Secret should have it.

Packaging: It comes in a pump that is similar to one that you would use for hairspray and you get a lot for your money as you only need a pump or two per use.

Smell: It smells like a Pina Colada! It has that typical sunblock coconut type smell, which I love. But, if you're not into that, you may want to stay away. I will say that once you spray it on your hair, the scent dissipates. So, if you want to try but don't want your hair smelling like a tropical bar, I can tell you, it won't.

Review of the Claims/General Impression: I love this stuff! I can't believe I just re-discovered it. I recently found that the ends of my hair were looking kinda frayed, and it's most likely do to all the color I put in it. I needed something that would smooth the ends out. I had originally bought this with the intention of only using it when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time (which rarely happens), thinking the UV protection would be nice. I started using it again recently when I discovered that the ends of my hair were looking ragged.

This product smooths out those rough ends, gives my hair shine, and also gives me some comfort knowing my hair is protected from the sun when I'm outside. I would recomend this to anyone with color treated hair who is worried about fading. I would also reccomend it if you suffer with minor frizz or want something to make your hair shiny.

The only downside is that this will make your hair oilier at a faster rate. I wouldn't say using for the past two days has made my hair super oily but that it has made it slightly more oily than usual. I think the best thing to combat this is by using it sparingly. You don't need a ton! Just a spray or two.

LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment