Monday, March 28, 2011

How to Wear Red Eyshadow Right!

So, it's no secret that I love bold, bright ey color. So, red is fitting, right? The problem with red eyeshadow is that it can make you look sick or weird if you use it wrong. I feel as though I pulled it off pretty well if I don't say so myself. Here's the key -> don't use a lot and keep it grounded with neutrals. You can see from the picture below that I put the red eyshadow only on the inner parts of the eyelid and used darker colors on the majority of the lid and the outside of the lid. Also, picking a good red will help. I used the red chrome pigment from NYX. To darken the red a little further, I applied a dark eyebase to the entire eyelid. I used NYX's jumbo eye pencil in slate as the base and applied the red chrome pigment over that to the inner lid and NYX's black chrome pigment to the rest of the lid. Blend. Then, I used a taupe transition color over the entire crease before applying a matte black to the outer crease and a black glitter powder shadow (WNW's dupe for MAC's black tied)to the outer 'V'. ^^just the eyes
^^Finished look. See, I still look normal. :-)


Products used:

Eyes:

E.L.F. eyelid primer, NYX jumbo eye pencil in slate (base), NYX Dramatic Chromatic Pigment in Red, NYX Dramatic Chromatic Pigment in Black, Wet N' Wild's 8 pan palettes in Petal Pusher (browbone highlight and deep purple 'crease' shade) and Blue Had Me At Hello (black tied dupe), NYX single eyeshadow in black -matte, Milani eyetech liquid liner in black, milani easyliner glitter liner in black rocks (waterline), maybelline lash stiletto, l'oreal voluminous million lashes

FAce:

MAC mineralize skinfinish in Pink Power, Cover Girl lip perfection lipstick in Sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment