Sunday, January 30, 2011

L'oreal Sublime Bronze spray gel: A Review


This is a review of a (from what I understand), new product. I picked this up last week on a sale as I'm always trying to look tanned without going out into the sun. I have been a fan of l'oreal sublime bronze's self tanners because they typically give good color, blend well, and are easy to apply. The idea of a gel was what caught my attention as I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this before. Bottom line: I do like it.
Color: I got the medium natural tan and it produces a good, natural looking, moderately deep color. I noticed results the day I applied it even though it was hours later.
Smell: This is what I love about this product. Anyone who has used self tanners knows that they smell awful. This does produce that 'tanner' smell after the color develops but that is inevitable with any product. The smell of the actual prodcut that is evident during application is probably the best of any I've used! It's like an oriental deep scent that is very pleasing.
Application: To apply, you spray the gel and rub in. It's easy to apply but isn't tinted, so it's hard to tell if you've applied it evenly. Due to this, I did notice some streaking in places but I think this could be approved with more practice and perhaps a lighter trigger finger.
Drying time: I love how this dries super fast. Because it's a gel, you can put your clothes on pretty quickly after application.
Overall, I like this product. The only thing I think could improve it is if it were tinted. I like how other sublime bronze products are tinted; this allows for better application and an instant bronze color to your skin.

1 comment:

  1. Thx!!! First review that was helpful. My first try was a little streaky on my legs but i love the color. And as well love all the sublime broze products!!!

    ReplyDelete