Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OPI Swatches and Review: Shrek Collection

First and foremost, forgive the lowlight in the pictures. I decided to take pics when the nail polish was fresh; and, I apply new polish at night (since the polish hardens while I sleep, leading to fewer flaws). I always have a hard time deciding what color to repaint and this time, I picked a never before worn shade I've had stashed away for a little while. The color is 'who the shrek are you' from OPI's Shrek collection. I don't think you can find this collection anymore except maybe on ebay. They did have some neat colors and I must say this isn't my favorite but I'll still rock it for a few days.


The above is the color with my nails. You really need to do at least 3 coats with this color or else your nails will just look dingy. As with all OPI polishes, it applies well and dries without bubbling or otherwise. I do love OPI but at around 8 dollars each (depending on where you buy them), I now only buy the colors I can't get anywhere else. My favorite thing about the OPI line is the brush. It's nice and wide, making it easy to apply the polish well.


The above is the bottom of the bottle. For those unfamiliar with OPI, they put out new collections frequently and colors stay while others are limited editions. The current new line is the Katy Perry line (which I'm dying to get my hands on) and in Feb., the Texas line will go on shelves. The texas line looks pretty awesome too. Another great thing about OPI -> they put out samplers for most all of their collections. The samplers usually consist of 4 small polishes from each line. I love these because it allows you to try out a couple without paying the hefty price. If I like a color in the sampler, I'll go and buy the full size of said color.


I tried to take a nice picture of the actual nail color. As you can see, it does look Shrek colored green. Not exactly my cup of tea but I also tend to gravitate towards anything that is 'different' from the typical. This color definately fits the bill for different. My favorite color from the shrek collection is 'what's with the cattitude' -> this shade is a light pastel blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment