Friday, January 21, 2011

Wet n' Wild look from 'Lust'

This look is accomplished with Wet n' Wild's lust pallette. I will outline the images step by step.
First, prime the lids using an eyeshadow primer. I like l'oreal decrease from the drugstore category and Urban Decay Primer Potion from prestige. After primer, I use the revlon illuminance cream shadow palette pictured above to apply a cream shadow to my lids. I think this helps the powder shadow stick better than with primer alone. I used the color circled in pink above; however, any neutral shade will work. Apply this to the entire lid.

The color icon palettes have both a matte and shimmer side. As you can see, the right side is shimmery and the left is matte. I will be using the matte side to create this look. I must add that these palettes, although very inexpensive, are great quality. The color pigmentation is amazing. Probably one of the best I've found for the price range.

Using an eyeshadow brush (here I use E.L.F.'s eyeshadow brush - awesome brush at only a dollar) to pick up the color highlighted above. We will apply this to the entire lid. If you don't know exactly where the lid begins and ends, I will show that in this post.


Next, pick up the midtone color and apply to the crease using a crease brush. Here, I use CVS's Essence of Beauty Crease brush. Again, this brush is awesome and inexpensive; I like it particularly because it's small and good for crease detail.


The above picture is to show where the lid and crease are. I made a 'courtney' goof. I reversed the crease and lid markings above - ooops! The LID is marked in green and the CREASE is marked in pink. :-)


Next, Use a clean, fluffy eye shadow brush to blend the crease color out in order to erase harsh lines. It's also good to blend the crease color into the lid color a bit so that there isn't demarcation there.


Finally, finish it off by putting the lightest shade under the arch and in the inner eye corners if desired. I use another fluffy eye brush for this. The brush above is a sonia kashuk brush from Target. You can also blend that color into the crease color but be careful not to 'erase' your crease color.


I tend to like heavy eyeliner so I'm currently using liquid liner. The pictured is E.L.F.'s $1.00 eyeliner and again, it's great. Liquid liner takes some practice but shows up very bold. Any eyeliner can be used, though. Pencil or gel will work too.
I apply this to the upper lash line only.

Like I said earlier, I love eyeliner, so I use a liner on the lower lash line. This is optional. I could've stopped with the uppler lash line but I choose to line my lower lashes with maybelliene's eyestudio gel liner in brown. The brush I use is the one that comes with the liner. Gel takes some practice to, so if a lower liner is desired, a brown pencil will work just fine.


Next, curl lashes and apply mascara. I love Maybelline's Volum Express. I use this black liner first and then finish off with Hard Candy's lash tinsel (avaliable at Wal Mart exclusively) to add a little sparkle.


AND, finished look. This is a dark look with dark purples, black, and brown but it doesn't look too dark on the finished look. Overall, I'm very happy with Wet n' Wild and my eyeshadow lasted all day.


































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment